FORZA Motorsports 3


posted by sooyup on , , , ,

No comments


So my roommate picked up the latest hotness FORZA 3 on Tuesday but I didn't get to give it a whirl until I got home from work on Wednesday. After about four hours of game play I can absolutely say that this is the best version of FORZA yet and I'm definitely looking forward to a lot more driving time with FORZA 3.

The roommate picked up the pre-order limited Collectors edition that comes with the USB drive and the Key chain as well as some exclusive cars only available with the pre-order from Gamestop so I'm happy because there is the all to wonderful Porsche 911 GT3 RS included as well as an exclusive Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin and another lame Corvette. It also has a DLC card that has several other exclusive cars and VIP status junk which of course we can't get to just yet since we still need to hook up another Cat5 cable to the TV room so we can access XBOX Live.

So my first experience with the glorious FORZA 3 was a couple races into the career mode that my roommate started and it's my first experience with the new career mode settings which I found after a bit to just a bit annoying. I don't about other gamers but I found the choice of three racing series during the week and the championship during the weekend was a good idea up until it starts to change weekday race series after you select another car especially annoying after you picked a car to race in one of the prior race series.

So I went back to just racing through the event selector which was more easily to navigate though than previous versions. That's nice it's also nice that none of the cars are unavailable. If you got the cash you can buy anything you want none of that crap regional lockouts from the last game everything is available from the start. After a couple races I bought my roommate a Mazda RX-8 and myself a new Mitsubishi Lancer EVO X GSR and upgraded them just slightly to compete in the races only to find out a bit later that the Car Class and PI numbers that are shown on the Race Image is not what you have to compete in nope if the car meets the criteria you can race it at any level. Of course that's just a bit of cheating but it does make the early boring races much faster to get though to get to the better challenges.

From what I've experienced the game play graphics and GUI is just outstanding with a slightly less than helpful Career Mode that can just be skipped it makes for the best FORZA game yet, add to it the possibility of a lot of interesting Download Content and you have so far the best game of the year. I'm looking forward to playing this for some time.

Check out the drifting trailer. I'm definitely NOT looking forward to the drift challenges that's for sure.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...