Fall 2009 Anime Roundup: part 1


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments


Now that I've gotten at least three episodes from each of my Fall 2009 Anime watch list under my belt I feel it's a good time to do my roundup of what I'm watching since I completely biffed the summer version. I'm kinda surprised at how many anime series I'm actually watching this season. Including OVAs it's sitting at around 35 different shows. A lot of that may be due to all the left overs from Summer that I still need to finish as well but I have to admit that this Fall season is offering some pretty funny, fanservice packed and great series. Since I'm watching so much I thought I'd break up my round up into a couple posts to keep things short and more readable. So without further ado, the start of the round up...

A Certain Scientific Railgun: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, I'll be honest I didn't watch this series' parent anime To Aru Majutsu no Index but I did see so many threads about it on good ol' 4chan and in blogs that I was interested in checking out it's spin off. So far I haven't been disappointed. It's funny with a twist of yuri nose bleed. Not much of the story has been told and right now it's just an average School girl comedy action series. It's entertaining and thankfully you didn't have to the watch Index to understand what is going on in this series.

Armed Librarians - The Book of Bantorra: Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra, this is one of the more violent anime series of the season so far with an interesting twist on death. Apparently when you die you are turned into a stone tablet that is called a book (which can be read by touching it). So the "Library" safe guards the books and goes around collecting lost books and what not and some large "Church" is out to destroy the Library. A simple conflict really but caught up in the middle are your average day joe who's suffering either from a plague or being turned into mindless Zombie like bomb carries. It's definitely interesting so far and is something that's rather different then everything else.

Darker Than Black - Gemini of the Meteor: Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini, I so enjoyed the first season of Darker than Black that I was so excited to hear that there would be another season and so far it hasn't disapointed. The first episode was pretty shocking and it's just gotten better after every episode. Definitely the must watch when it's available series of the season. It's sad to see that Yin isn't a part of the season but still seems to be an important part of the series. Thankfully I just found out that there will be an OVA series included with the DVDs that bridges the gap between the two seasons so there is that to look forward to as well.

Fairy Tail: While I'm not a huge fan of One Piece so I really wasn't expecting much from this one but thought I'd give it a shot anyways and so far I haven't been disappointed but I'll be honest I'm not looking forward to a 100+ episode anime series so hopefully that doesn't happen but if it does who knows if I'll keep watching it. Well I guess if there is constant fanservice of the girls it wouldn't be all that bad. One thing I don't really care for much is Lucy's magic spell casting. Kind of annoying but not a cause for dropping it.

Kämpfer: Lets face it this is by far the oddest anime of the new seasons so far. School girl combat show with a twist and more Yuriness than you can shake a stiff stick at. Of course 4chan is most confused because the hottest girl of the bunch is actually a transforming dude who some how got entangled in the female only combat scenario and thus he is transformed into a full on girl. So far the combat part plays second fiddle to the yuri plot but it's funny enough and just chuck full fanservice. Oh and don't forget those ever so lovable and inappropriate stuffed dead animals one of the more likable parts for me. Wonder when those plushies will go on sale.

Well that's the first five anime series of the many that I'm currently watching this season. Looks like it's a lot of fanservice and violence but in the middle of all that is some pretty funny moments and at least a couple good plots that keep me interested in checking out the shows weekly. So I'm going to leave you today with this nice little bit of video from Kampfer.



Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...