RIP -- Satoshi Kon


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments

I has a sad. Monday marked the passing of Satoshi Kon a highly acclaimed Japanese anime director for many of my favorite Anime movies and programs in recent history.  Satoshi Kon passed away at the age of 46 after losing his short battle with pancreatic cancer, an all too common killer these days.  Satoshi Kon will be greatly missed in the anime world and beyond.

I loved and enjoyed many of Satoshi Kon's movies and my favorite one is still Paprika.  And like many other fans I will greatly miss his interesting take on the twists of reality and fantasy in his movies.  Thankfully we still have one more movie to look forward to as he was working on Yume-Miru Kikai with Masao Maruyama before he passed away. 

While looking around for information I find that ANN reported snippets of the last message posted on his website (which is down at the moment) on Satoshi Kon's behalf. 

Life sucks people, enjoy it to the fullest and leave behind found memories.  For some like Satoshi Kon they will also leave a lasting legacy of wonderful story telling that even after his passing will give us many more hours of enjoyment.  I think I'm going to go rent Paprika again to celebrate Satoshi Kon's life and gifted talent that he shared with us.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...