Highschool of the Dead -- Licensed


posted by sooyup on , , , , ,

No comments

Hell YA! Finally! After just about every other country has had it licensed for years the Manga for Highschool of the Dead has finally been licensed for sale in the states by Yen Press. Yen Press announced the license at this years Comic-con panel. I can't wait until it shows up on store shelves hopefully sooner than later.

It's kind of funny actually as the authors included a little note for those reading the scanlations to buy the manga when it comes out and now finally I'll have a chance.


Hey! people who read the English version (that made by illegal!).
You guys have to buy legality COOL COMIC when that comic become book!
You can get legality comic book at Amazon.
—Daisuke Satō and Shōji Satō, Monthly Dragon Age, November 2006

Of course that also means that the place that I've been getting the scanlations from decided to drop it since it was finally licensed. That means no new chapters until they get bundled into a manga and that's going to be some time before I can find out what happens next. But you know what I'm OK with that since I'll finally be able to have the manga in my dirty little hands.

Of course at the same time we'll also be able to have the anime in our dirty little hands as well since it was licensed before it even started by Sentai Filmworks and is being streamed now (but censored) on Anime Network. I just wonder which one will hit store shelves first. But I'm definitely enjoying the anime which just recently aired the bathroom fanservice chapter. You can check out the opening for the anime below.



AnimeBlips: vote it up!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...