The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya


posted by sooyup

No comments




To be honest when I first started hearing about Haruhism and the large fanbase that this anime had I just couldn't believe that it was that great of a anime. When it was first fansubbed I wasn't downloading stuff so I actually just finished watching it today on DVD all legal like thanks to Netflix. Mind you it was slow as hell getting Vol 3. I had it on the Queue as number one since it was available and it took forever to get the stupid disk. Vol 4 and the bonus disk on the other hand came right away. Anyways that has nothing to do with Haruhi Suzumiya and is just a short little rant about Netflix.


So yeah now that I've finished watching TMHS I actually do get why there is such a fandom for this show. It's GREAT, no really it is. I can't believe this hasn't shown up on TV yet here in the states it would be a rating gaint. Yet again if you need to know what TMHS is about all you have to do is google it and you'll be rewarded with a treasure of information and holly hell a ton of imagery both nice and naughty. TMHS has it all really as far as anime is conserned and it's great because it's short and leaves you wanting more. There is a little bit of fanservice a little bit of mystery and a whole lot of just fun hijinks but then I don't know anyone now that wouldn't know something about this anime. And on the DVD the making of is nice too because the Japanese voice talent of Haruhi is just too cute as well. That and the fine ladies doing the SOS Brigade web episodes are cute as well.


The good news is that there is now in works a second season not sure exactly when it will becoming out as it was postponed from it's earlier time of this winter but I think it's coming out in the spring time. I'll definitely be watching this when it comes out and picking up the first season on DVD as well. I don't know if I'll pick up the special DVDs or just wait like I usually do for a collected edition but I'll definitely get it to share with friends and family.


And no I can't nor want to do the dance. I'll just keep enjoying watching others do it.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...