Weekly Review


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments

What a week. Some good some bad some just seriously freaking annoying. Like for example this week across Google products the autosave feature has taken to causing Firefox to crash. Which has made blogging rather lame lately. There is a work around but I do really like autosave.  Of course that's only part of the computer problems I've had this week.  Thankfully though there has been some really good stuff this week to counter the bad. Yeah it's been an interesting week. Thankfully we have these cute Race Queens to keep us entertained while you read my weekly rambling review. 

So yeah at the beginning of the week my Laptop power supply decided to stop working.  I'm not sure if it's the connection in the laptop or just the power supply but I'm hoping that it is as they are pretty inexpensive to pick up. So no laptop at the moment.  Kinda really sucks especially since work was seriously dead most of the week and it would have been nice have it then.  Of course then we have the annoying Google autosave crashing.  I don't why it's doing it, but it got annoying fast the first time it happened while posting the latest Foxy Friday feature.  I did discover a simple work around for the moment.  And that is to start the new blog post and then save it before it gets a chance to crash.  That means for a while I have a little stubby post until I get it finished.  But yeah it's been happening in Gmail and other Google products that have an autosave feature.  And that's not the last computer problem I had this week.  Vuze decided to crap the bed after I updated the peer2peer software.  I simply solved that by switching to utorrent instead.  Seems to be working just fine now. 

Thankfully the computer problems are the only major problems I've had this week.  Speaking of being thankful it was Thanksgiving week and once again I went to visit my aunt and uncle along with my grandma for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was good as always but low and behold I actually got stuck at their house.  I parked on some ice but I didn't think it would be an issue.  Well it was.  Had to get a push out but so far it's been pretty smooth sailing for winter driving. 

And that brings us to Saturday.  I went and got my grandma's snow tires put on her car so she can feel safer driving in the winter and before that my dad and I headed down to the cycle salvage place to take some pictures of him with an important motorcycle he restored.  You can check out the pictures at flickr and check out motohistory for the write up of the motorcycle.  The pictures definitely show why I need to invest in some extra lighting. 

Of course it was snowing pretty good at the time and kept on snowing dumping some good snow on the ground for a change.  And that meant it was time for a snow meet.  The roommate and I went out earlier to see if we could get some good pictures and videos during the day but that didn't work out all that well got a few not bad shots that you can see on flickr but no video.  Did get some video later in the night at the snow meet but I don't know how that will turn out.  I really need some video editing software that is for sure.  After that it was back home to play a little Dominion which I still suck at but oh well and with that called it a week.

I didn't even favorite any videos this week on YouTube to share so I'll have to find something real quick. 
Did subscribe to the Taiwanese news channel on YouTube that has all those fun to watch CGI re-enactments of American news.  They do have a couple hot weather girls as well.


Regular ol' Race Queens

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...