Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi


posted by sooyup on , , , ,

No comments

About time I got back to some anime reviews of the shows that I've recently finished.  As I finished Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi (Okamisan and Seven Companions) last week it's about time I told you how much I enjoyed the series.  I did enjoy Oakami-san but that's probably because I don't take anime all that series.  I read a few reviews that just picked the series apart for it's flaws and really any anime will have flaws if you watch something that you don't like.  I liked it because it wasn't a cookie-cutter school based romcom with a tsundere loli lead and hapless male counterpart.

I will admit that like a lot of people I really did find the voice over narration by Kuroko Shirai annoying at time especially when the characters were talking.  Reading several lines of text and following along with the scene was seriously difficult at times requiring pauses to read everything.  I can't see it being any easier if you were trying to listen to what they were saying. 

Oakami-san definitely has a lot of fairy-tale references and camo appearances from other J.C. Staff properties  throughout the series and some people had issues with that I however thought it was pretty cleaver at some points and thought it was different and unique.  If you read the Wiki link up above it will explain all the fairytale references some of which I didn't catch at first until after reading it myself.  

The story is a tale of a close group of school kids that run a club called Otagi bank and they are responsible for generally solving other students problems and issues in return for other favors.  Most of the episodes revolve around this concept as the students in the group work to help other students at the same time as developing their own stories most notable though is the growing relationship between the wolf Oakami and the hunter Morino.  Other than the love story there isn't really any main plot or story to the series.

I thought it was a lot of fun to watch and will definitely watch it again when FUNimation gets around to releasing the DVDs here in the states.  Until if you haven't watched the series and want to yourself you can check out FUNimation's YouTube channel for the entire season still.

You can check out the trailer here though

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...