I Was a Right-Wing Evangelical Pastor -- Until I Saw the Light


posted by sooyup on

No comments

The fundamentalist political movement is the beginning of a cultural revolution that will take our nation to a very dark place.

By Jason Childs

I was a Liberty University-trained evangelical pastor. I was sure that I was right and that every other person not of my faith was going to burn in hell forever. I was taught that we as Christians should take this nation back, only to find out later that we never had it to begin with. After five years of teaching this homophobic, divisive message that has hurt so many millions of people in our world, I went through a divorce. The Southern Baptist Convention will not let you remain in the ministry after a divorce, so I had to think of something else to do with my life. After several years of selling cars, I decided to become a truck driver –; you know, see America and all that jazz.
..[continued]

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...