Winter 2011 Anime Season


posted by sooyup on , , , ,

No comments

Oh my where has the time gone.  Some of the Winter 2011 Anime Season shows have already started. I'm late. Actually I'm not that late as nothing I'm interested in has started yet. Of course I'm not even finished with anything from the 2010 Fall Anime Season yet so it's a good thing that there isn't anything new out that I'm interested in just yet. Since I only cover what I'm interested in you should head over to Moetron to check out the complete list of everything that will be out for the Winter 2011 Anime Season.

I took a quick look through the several different Anime Charts that were released this season (seems to be more and more) and while good old Chartfag's chart is missing in action there are some other good examples out there. I decided to use the chart from The Cart Driver this time around.  Although with the new anti-anime/manga law that was recently passed I'm not sure about some of the titles and if they'll make it air. But after looking though the charts and taking a look at a few things this is what I think I'll be watching during these cold months of Winter.

REGULAR TV SERIES:
Houkago no Pleiades -- While this might not be a car related anime series it is a joint effort with Subaru and while I haven't seen a lot of information about just what this is going to be I'm still very interested in checking it out based on the fact that it is a project with a car company that I respect.
--NO TRAILER--

Freezing -- I looked at the manga a few times and liked what I saw so I was really pleased to see that it was getting an anime version that looks to be just as great.  There will be fanservice, mecha, big ass battles and it just looks good.  Check out this page for their streaming trailer which isn't available on YouTube yet. What is available is a video of the voice actresses chit chating, but there is some anime related stuff at about 5:54


GOSICK -- Say what you will about the Goth-Loli scene this anime looks like it will be interesting and that makes it worth a look in my opinion.  I'm almost sure that this will be another American hit and I really hope that it will live up to my expectations. And it is from Studio BONES so there is that.


Wolverine -- We've already gotten a little preview of Wolverine with his Cameo in Ironman and even though a lot of people are calling the series stupid already I'm going to give it a chance.  I happen to think Ironman is OK so I can't imagine Wolverine could be any worse and since I'm not a die hard Comic fanboy I won't really care about the story line and how it fits in with the comics.
Here's the new short trailer


And here's the older longer trailer


IS: Infinite Stratos -- Here's another one of those great looking Mecha/school/harem/fanservice series that looks really interesting and will probably be one of the most talked about of the season on 4chan. My hopes of a great season is pinned on this series being as good as it looks and living up to the hype.


Rio – Rainbow Gate -- As if I don't already have enough fanservice this season here is one that promises to be little more than a thin plot with lots of the lovely fanservice. Yup this is this seasons mindless jiggly eyecandy.


Kore wa Zombie desu ka? -- Also known as "Is this a Zombie" This one looked interesting and I don't know it just kinda spoke to me with that little bit of otherworldly humor and madness like Soul Eater and Princess Resurrection.


Yumekui Merry -- I'm not entirely sure if I'll be watching this one or not. I'll give it a go and see if I like it but I'm not entirely sure if I'll follow it. It is from JC Staff which usually means quality, so I just don't know yet.


OVA/OAD/OTHER SERIES:
Princess Resurrection (OAD) -- I loved this series and this release is a rehash of the first episode done for a more mature crowd and it looks awesome.  It was actually released earlier this week so hopefully I'll be able to watch it here soon.


Issho ni Training 026: Ofuro (OVA) -- OK so yeah it's this series again for the third time and this time it's about bathing and hey how could I not want to watch this one. The actual part pertaining to the third release starts at 1:39.


Supernatural: The Animation (OVA) -- Oddly enough this is supposed to be a 22 episode long OVA series  so yeah it's going to be a long release schedule but if you like the TV series this might just be interesting.  I'm going to check it out and see for myself.


Mazinkaizer SKL 1 (OVA) -- Uhhh... wasn't this supposed to come out last season? Well whatever it's scheduled now for the Winter Season and I still want to see this outright bad ass mecha show.


TAILENDERS (OVA) -- While we wait for REDLINE to be released on DVD to finally get a shot at watching that we'll all have to check out this OVA series that is kind of about the same thing.  Big important race and all that jazz.  It looks cool and for a while I thought this was Redline and vice versa until I finally got a better look at the two of them.


And with that and all of the older stuff that I'm sure to be watching as well I'll be keeping busy watching a healthy amount of Anime.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...