Weekly Review


posted by sooyup on , , ,

No comments

What a week. Still no power supply for the laptop. HUGE news regarding Super GT. Very busy weekend and an alround busy week have all come together in the end to make for one really tired Gregory. Remember last week when I said oh yeah they are still having the first round at the beginning of April? Well, not more than a day later did they announce that they were postponing that race. So now it's the end of April before the start of Super Gt and no new Race Queens until then.

On the power supply front they did send a new one out on Friday so hopefully I'll have that soon.  Then I can upgrade the laptop to Windows 7 and hopefully that will help with the video playback for MoNAC as we have been using some one elses laptop for videos and all but the chunky as all hell Star Driver video and DVD playback the other laptop does a better job. 

Speaking of MoNAC our current location is about to shut it's doors for the last time.  We'll have one last meetup there this coming Saturday and then it's anyones guess as to what will be happening with the weekly MoNAC meeting.  To be honest and fair the current location was around for longer than I thought they would be. 

Work was hella busy and it's looking like this week will be exactly the same.  So no fun there.  And until I get my laptop back I'll blogging most of this week as well.  We'll see.  I'm glad though that we did get rid of the nasty people who were staying at the hotel the last week.  Now we just need one more family to take a nice little hike to a house or even a rental. Something, anything.  They owe us enough money that they could have put down a huge downpayment on a house or bought an inexpensive new Kia.  But lets not worry about that because we have the weekend to talk about.

Oh what a weekend.  Cleaned the house on Saturday before and after MoNAC to get ready for the first Formula 1 race party at our house.  And hello!  I'm actually lead on the Fantasy F1 league at the moment.  Hopefully I can keep it up.  Can't really do any good trades yet though.  The party was a lot of fun, even though I was exhausted after the autocross event.

Yup first autocross of the season was also on Sunday, even though I missed Saturday's event due to my work schedule and MoNAC I had a good time even though Mother Nature was a serious bitch and couldn't make up her mind whether she wanted to rain or shine the entire time.  I did hand out some cards to people.  And I loved some of the cars that were out there.  Not one but 4 different Porsche 911 cars were out there.  An old school 930 Turbo a clean little 993 and two different 996 models an early C2 version and a later C4S model.  I was in heaven I tell you.  I'll have a full write up later in the week when I get all the pictures and videos uploaded. 

And then today I took my roommate to the airport so that he could fly down to Vegas for Spring Break leaving me with the house all to myself and the doggy.  I'm also looking forward to this weekend as it'll be the first one where I'll be able to work a little bit on the Jetta as hopefully the weather will be nice since I probably wont be seeing the garage any time soon as the RX8 is back in there with cooling issues.  That car is just cursed I tell you.  Or Dennis Dillon really did a shitty ass job on putting that new engine in there.  I'd gowith the latter truthfully. 

Apparently I was really busy as I don't have any videos to share this week...BOOOOO

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...